Sales season is upon us but I’ve gone on a beauty shopping spree that has nothing to do with sales… I bought some goodies online at Liberty, more about those later, and bought some things at Ici Paris XL yesterday. Some are repurchases and others are completely new to me.
I’ll talk about the repurchases first:
- Clinique Take the Day Off: If you’re looking for a gentle yet effective makeup remover that doesn’t require any tugging on eyelids, this is your product. It removes Benefit They’re Real! mascara easily as well as Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet, both notoriously long-lasting products. – € 18,55 at Ici Paris XL
- Only You Base Coat and Fast Drying Top Coat: I’m a fan of Only You’s nail polishes because of the big and easy to use brushes, great range of colors, its staying power and very reasonable price (€ 4,95!). It also dries quickly which is all kinds of perfect for an impatient person like me… I can’t seem to find the Fast Drying Top Coat on the website, but check out the whole range here. – € 4,95 each exclusively at Ici Paris XL
- Chanel Les Beiges: The moment this product was announced I knew it had my name written all over it: a powder that would give a healthy glow but not look dark or orange on my pale skin? Yes, please! I use it as a setting powder but have also used it on its own when going for a very light “no makeup” makeup look. I hit pan on my first one recently and knew I had to act fast because these sell out quickly, especially in my shade (20). And the packaging? Gorgeous. – € 44,50 at Ici Paris XL
And now for some new products (new to me anyway):
- Tweezerman Brow Trimming Scissors and Brush: This has been on my wish list for a while and I was able to grab the last one. What can I say, I *need* this to tame my eyebrows. – € 23,15 at Ici Paris XL
- Clarisonic Deep Pore Brush Head: It was time to buy a new brush head (okay, the time had already passed, better late than never) and I decided to try a new one. I got the Sensitive Brush Head when I first got my Clarisonic so I’m curious to see if there’s a big difference. – € 25,00 at Ici Paris XL
- Dior Contour Lip Liner: I was looking for a lip liner to accompany my Tom Ford lipstick in Bruised Plum. I don’t have a lot of experience with lip liners yet (just MAC until now) so I wasn’t looking for a particular brand. Dior’s Thrilling Plum (943) seemed to be a good match so I’m excited to give it a go. By the way: first big difference with MAC lip liners? The pencil comes with a brush and a sharpener, so fancy! – € 22,90 at Ici Paris XL
I also got some samples: Givenchy Noir Couture mascara and Dior Addict It-Lash mascara, both in black. I have already tried the Givenchy mascara and wasn’t crazy about it, but I’ll definitely give it another go. The Dior mascara is new to me and I have to say I was a teeny tiny bit disappointed it’s the black version. I don’t think I have the guts to buy the purple, blue or pink versions so a sample would have been a great way to experiment with bright mascara. The brush looks like it will work for me, so I can’t wait to try it.
And there you have it, some familiar products and some new things to play around with!